Closet Fix: MY STYLE FIX: DENIM SHEARLING   

Friday, January 25, 2013

MY STYLE FIX: DENIM SHEARLING

 I can hardly believe that I was allowed into the same building let alone the same room as one of my style inspirations, June Ambrose. I mean, the insane amount of hours I've spent fixated on her work alone would at least denote a 500 feet restraining order and a taser just to be on the safe side.  
Thanks to Harlem Fashion Row who held an event featuring June Ambrose, I was able to breathe the same air as the style and fashion phenomenon all while hanging on to her ever word as if she was revealing the answers to the universe. 
While I still don't know where we come from, or why Michael Jackson only wore that one glove, I did find out that June Ambrose is amazing not only because of her tremendous eye for fashion, but her humility and grace is what truly makes her special in my eyes.  
There were no airs or pretentiousness as many in her position with all her accolades are prone to project to the chagrin of anybody unfortunate enough to be in their presence.
 Hell, even people with far less achievements walk around as if there's a very large stick wedged really far up their rectal cavity, which let's be honest would make even Mother Theresa, God rest her soul, a raging bitch, but I digress.   
Instead, June Ambrose couldn't have been nicer. She was so relatable and down to Earth even going far beyond what was expected of her to answer the questions of all her admires, as oppose to hightailing it off the stage the second her time was up. 
Such a great role model, as a lesser person would've thrown up the deuces and headed for the door. I'm so glad I was there to witness it, as I was inspired. 
Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by<3
Jacket: Forever21 (similar one hereherehere, & here)
Dress: TS (similar one herehereherehere,& here)
Wedge Boots: Zara (similar one herehere,& here)
Bag: Forever21 (similar one herehere, & here)

1 comment:

  1. Features with classic notch collar, patch pockets, and open seams, this rustic <a href="http://www.cwmalls.com/men-s-rancher-shearling-sheepskin-coat-cw878258>Rancher Sheepskin Coat</a> is designed for the hardworking man looking for rugged warmth with a down-home western feel. And obviously, this timeless design keeps you cozy through the coldest of winters.

    ReplyDelete